Kansas City Family Law Attorneys at Your Service

When you need a family law lawyer in Olathe, turn to Schlagel Long LLC (SL) for help

People spend months planning their perfect wedding and no one ever thinks it will end in divorce. But sometimes it does, and getting a divorce can often take as long as getting married. There are many things that need to be considered when filing for divorce. Emotions run high, the stakes are high and decisions are crucial. Having a Kansas City family law attorney by your side can help you get the closure you need.

At SL, we understand everything that goes into the family law process and we use our years of experience to help you make wise decisions. Arbitration, mediation and settlements are often used to dissolve a marriage as quickly and painlessly as possible. If these options are not viable, we are always prepared to go to court and fight for what’s best for you and your children.

Our firm handles all types of family law matters, including:

  • Divorce
  • Child custody (legal & physical)
  • Visitation & enforcement
  • Child support
  • Spousal support
  • Child support arrearages
  • Child support enforcement
  • Temporary spousal maintenance
  • Paternity
  • Grandparent visitation
  • Child abduction
  • Premarital, antenuptial & prenuptial agreements
  • Separation and property settlement agreements
  • Equitable distribution of marital assets & debts
  • Adoption

Building your family through adoption

We enjoy helping prospective parents with adoptions. We handle all types of adoptions, including private adoptions where future parents already have the baby they want to adopt and just need the paperwork or where a pregnant woman asks us to find parents. As Olathe family law attorneys, we also handle stepparent adoptions and adoptions where a child’s birth parents have lost custody and grandparents or other family members want to adopt the child.

Overland Park family law lawyers of Schlagel Long LLC can help

Call Schlagel Long LLC at 913-782-5885 to set up your free consultation or use our contact us page.